We all have a lot of extra stress in our lives today, and Dr. Sabrina’s intention is to take care of the international entrepreneurial community during this crisis by sharing ideas to help us cope. Self-care for us all is extremely important during this time, so please share this information with your team members, who may also be feeling unsafe during this coronavirus event.
Sir Steven Wilkinson is the Founder of Good & Prosper. He was also the VIP Speaker of the Tap the Potential 2020 Breakthroughs on the Bayou retreat.
Profit by Design is a Tap the Potential Production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group.
- Look two years into your future and picture what you want your life and your business to look like.
- Avoid the “Survival Trap”, which is a short-term decision that gets us through today, next week, or the next two months; but can take us far off course.
- Are there options that can move you CLOSER to your vision?
- If we keep in mind how we want to be and how we want our business to come out of this, we will make better short-term decisions that better serve our future goals.
- Sir Steven weighs in on current events and on how we should be minimizing fallout, as governments are recognizing that small business owners are the true backbone of this entire economy.
- Dr. Sabrina’s personal philosophy when it comes to government programs is that it’s great if it’s available, but she wants to build her life and business in such a way that she does not need to rely on it.
- One of the positive things that have come out of this crisis is the return to community, and community is everything in these times.
- Dr. Sabrina’s tip of the week on self-care is to implement a daily huddle with your team for the sake of morale. This can be via zoom or phone, if necessary. Focus on providing updates, wins and successes, and gratitude.
- Allow team members to express their fears and encourage team members to respond in a supportive way.
- Ask your team members what support they need and look for ways that other team members can show up and support and be a gift during that time.
- A team topic for discussion: What random acts of kindness have you given, experienced, or witnessed lately?
- Dr. Sabrina shares some more self-care tips:
- Protect your mindset by being very careful about the information you take in.
- Sleep is critical in a number of ways.
- Daily exercise is important.
- Think strategically and surrounding yourself with like-minded, supportive entrepreneurs.
- Listen to the Profit By Design Podcast. Episodes are made up of positive conversation and sound strategies to help keep your business sustainable.
- Assess your entrepreneurial burnout through our free assessment HERE. This will help you look at self-care measures that you need to put in place so that entrepreneurial burnout does not get out of hand.
- Sir Steven discusses the creation of a FREE eBook titled “Leadership in the Time of COVID-19” that you can download on his Website. There’s a humorous title for it when you download it!
- He designed the e-book with two action items in mind:
- The urgent need for restructuring; and
- How do I turn this to my advantage?
- Since we don’t know when this crisis will end, Sir Steven offers tips and ideas that we can be working on every day.
- This is a great time to step back and determine how you should be caring for yourself in order to be the leader you need to be.
- The Q-Storming process is a useful tool that bypasses tunnel vision. Current and past clients can request a FREE laser-coaching session. If you’ve never been a client, check out a 45-minute Q-Storming strategy session here: https://www.tapthepotential.com/strategy. It is a $250 investment.
- An encouraging rally-cry: “Lead with love. Shine bright. Be a gift.”
Links and Resources:
Taking care of yourself is important now more than ever. Are you ready to take your life back from your business?
The FIRST STEP is taking our Assessment at:
NEXT, meet with our Success Team Lead to debrief your results.
THEN, join our Better Business, Better Life™ program!
Tap The Potential Strategy Session for Entrepreneurs Impacted by COVID-19
Get the Book!! How to Hire the Best – Contractors Edition
How to Hire the Best Toolkit
Get Your 2020 Action Planner Now!
The Pumpkin Plan Action Planner 2020
Dr. Sabrina’s WEBSITE
Dr. Sabrina’s PODCAST – PLEASE RATE & REVIEW!
Profit by Design, a Tap the Potential production in collaboration with Small Business Consulting Group
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Connect with Sir Steven!
Website – FREE eBook: “Leadership in the Time of COVID-19”
Sir Steven’s Twitter
Sir Steven’s Email
The Snowball System: How to Win More Business and Turn Clients into Raving Fans by Mo Bunnell
The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz