Get ready for a fun and deep conversation, during which Dr. Sabrina and John ask each other powerful questions from The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur. You’ll get an inside glimpse into their respective worlds, their entrepreneurial journeys and what each is working on for the coming year.
John Jantsch is a marketing consultant, speaker, and author of Duct Tape Marketing, The Referral Engine, Duct Tape Selling, The Commitment Engine, and SEO for Growth.
In addition to his own writing, speaking and consulting career Jantsch is a podcasting pioneer, with a continuous string of weekly podcast episodes dating back to the summer of 2005. He has interviewed thousands of guests and appeared on the other side of the mic, as a guest, hundreds of times.
Dr. Sabrina was a recent guest on John’s Duct Tape Marketing podcast.
- John’s previous books were “how-to’s”, but he had a desire to write a book that was more of a “why-to”. His mission has always been to bring life back into being an entrepreneur.
- John describes the basis for his book, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau, and how the 1850s was one of the first counter-culture periods in America.
- We have to develop a level of trust and stop letting outside and subconscious voices control us.
- This level of trust allows us to focus on the things we can control, which is how we show up and how we respond to everything that happens. A great deal of stress comes about by trying to control those things that aren’t in our control.
- Dr. Sabrina shares how we can develop self-trust and the two practices in her life that taught her to listen to her own voice: journaling and meditation.
- The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur ends each daily passage with a powerful question and provides us with an opportunity to think about life and circumstances from a different perspective. This can allow us to shift our mindset and yield new insights and opportunities for us.
- John reads the passage and question that corresponds with Dr. Sabrina’s birthday.
- What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- Dr. Sabrina divulges her next book: The 4 Week Vacation
- John’s answer is that every time he answers that question, he goes ahead and does it. Therefore, his answer is constantly evolving. He also relates that the next big challenge is to figure out a way to maximize his assets.
- Duct Tape Marketing is For Sale!
- A surprising challenge is figuring out who we are when we step away from the business that is so much a part of our identity.
- It’s important to have clarity around your mission.
- According to John, when people understand their true core values and they release the need to have a perfectly-refined purpose, the purpose will find them.
- Listening to her clients' needs is a way that helped Dr. Sabrina discover her gifts to share in the world.
- Stepping outside his comfort zone has enabled John to stretch and grow.
- Staying at the top of the mountain is beautiful scenery, but not much learning and growth happens there.
Links and Resources:
Get Ready for 2020!! Are you on track to creating a highly profitable, great place to work that lets you take a 4 Week Vacation™? https://www.tapthepotential.com/assessment
Breakthroughs on the Bayou Annual Retreat
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur: 366 Daily Meditations to Feed Your Soul and Grow Your Business, by John Jantsch
Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide, by John Jantsch
How to Hire the Best – Contractors Edition, by Sabrina Starling PhD
The Pumpkin Plan – A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field, by Mike Michalowicz
Dr. Sabrina’s Guest Appearance on John Jantsch’s Duct Tape Marketing Podcast
Connect with John Jantsch: