On today’s episode, Ronda shares how “Love Wins” is the backbone of CBH’s culture. She reveals leadership practices that make CBH a great place to work, and talks about the gauntlet candidates go through to get to work at CBH. Plus, she digs into the surprising reason why 70% of their team is comprised of women in this male-dominated industry.
Ronda leads the CBH troops daily and has overseen all areas of the company for the past 16 years. Last year, the Idaho Business Review named Ronda “2018 Woman of the Year”. On top of that, she also received the “2018 St. Luke's Children's Hospital Luke Award”, the “2017 Women in Construction” award, and the “2017 Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Community Impact” award.
Ronda is a businesswoman, professional speaker, and author. She is on a mission to spread a movement with her three books: Better Human: It’s a Full-Time Job, Better Thinking: Think Better. Be Better, and her newest book, You Go First: Become the Leader Your Team Needs.
- Ronda shares her poignant and moving background, and how she came to understand that before she could lead others, she must first learn to lead herself.
- Be grateful for what you have in the moment, while you’re rising and reaching for more.
- The “Love Wins” philosophy: You have to love yourself. When you love yourself, then you give out love with everyone you come in contact with. When they feel it, they give love to everyone. It makes your families, friends, team members, and communities better.
- CBH Homes received Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Top Company Culture” award. CBH Homes has also received “Best Places to Work” awards for the last 7 years.
- Ronda relates how CBH Homes surveys their employees to make sure their team loves them.
- Ask yourself if you were the employee, would you want to go and spend your day at the company? Would you enjoy it?
- Ronda’s leadership team created a list of 12 attributes that they wanted their team members to have. Some examples she provided: be a high producer, be coachable, strive for greatness, be a team player, communicate, be grateful, have an attractive attitude, have fun, and be fun. This is how they hire like-minded people.
- Dr. Sabrina points out how you must have a lean and mighty team to be profitable in a tight labor market. Ronda mentions the importance of taking very good care of those team members.
- A-players need help in slowing down and having fun so they don’t burn out.
- Make the time for weekly one-on-one conversations with your employees.
- Consider asking your employees if there’s anything you can do to make their lives better.
- Dr. Sabrina and Ronda chat about the importance of staying curious.
- Women make up 70% of CBH Homes work force. This is mostly because men typically do not make it through the pre-interview gauntlet.
- “Mutually invested relationships” are what business owners should strive for.
- Run your ranch high and tight! Ronda explains what this means to her.
- Individual goals have to align with the team goals. Team goals have to align with the company goals. Regular check-ins and performance measurement makes sure this is happening.
Links and Resources:
Get How to Hire the Best on Amazon
How to Hire the Best Masterclass
Ready to become an Employer of Choice to attract a steady stream of A-Players chomping at the bit for the opportunity to work with you? Join my FULLY updated and revised How to Hire the Best Masterclass NOW. Registration ends November 5. Don’t miss out! I have no plans to teach this LIVE again. www.TapThePotential.com/Course
Are you on track to creating a highly profitable, great place to work that lets you take a 4 Week Vacation™? Take our Assessment and find out. https://www.tapthepotential.com/assessment
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors –
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Connect with Ronda!
Ronda's gift to Profit by Design listeners!!
20% off all her books using the code “profitbydesign”:
Instagram: @therondacongershow & @cbhhomes
Twitter: @BetterHumanNow & @CBH_Homes
Facebook: @therondacongershow & @cbhhomes