David’s entrepreneurial journey begins back in his early 20’s when he sold Australia’s most loved sporting ground, the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Since then, his business experience spans from franchising retail clothing stores to founding one of Australia’s most trusted digital agencies, melbourneSEOservices.com.
In 2016, David successfully systemized himself out of the business, hired a CEO and stepped back from the daily operations. Through this process, he became a systems devotee – founding systemHUB & SYSTEMology. Today, his mission is to free all business owners worldwide from the daily operations of running their business.
Recognized as a high achieving entrepreneur, you will find many of David’s keynote presentations on YouTube including TEDx, WordCamp, and Problogger.
FREE pass to attend the Business Systems Summit” at www.TapThePotential.com/Systems
- David shares how, when he found out his wife was pregnant, he was working 70 hours week, which made him consider what kind of dad he wanted to be for his kids.
- He intuitively knew that systemizing the process was going to be his way out. He had a background in stock market trading and this had initially taught him about systems and plans.
- Getting stuck because he built the business around himself, locking him deeper and deeper in the business.
- Dr. Sabrina recognizes a key limiting belief of many entrepreneurs in the story that David is relating: “This business needs me. My business is different.”
- David gives us the worries that he had as he was considering how to systemize his business, and how he finally realized he didn’t have to hold that bag.
- Dr. Sabrina’s test that she relies on: “It’s just the way it is.” If she starts thinking this, it is her red-flag to stop and say, “Oh, no, sister, it doesn’t have to be this. There could be another possibility.”
- David describes the process of getting his team involved of systemizing, in the midst of their busy-ness.
- He discovered that it’s easier to have two people working on the systemization: one who has the knowledge, and one who does the documentation.
- If you can figure out what the problem is, then you can consult an expert who has that part of the process already figured out.
- Utilize GoPros and video cameras, talk it out, let somebody capture it, then the process can be put into place using these tools.
- Over-complicating things in small business is the biggest gap that David has recognized.
- A minimum, viable system is the place to start, and then test it out, and see what needs to be added.
- Serendipity can happen when we free ourselves from our businesses. Other business opportunities open up for you once you systemize your business.
- Valuing opportunities for the experience over the money.
- Freeing people from the operations is David’s dream.
- The deeper story behind David’s “why”.
- “The Sheet” – a weekly allowance scorecard from childhood that taught David some important life lessons.
- Growing as a person when your business begins to grow. Bad habits need to be broken.
- David describes the benefits of systemHUB.
- Complexity is the enemy of systems and systemization. Simplify as much as possible. Features actually take away from the outcome. Figure out and use the key systems that need to be in place for your business to function. Nail “simple” first!
- Dr. Sabrina and David talk about the upcoming Business Systems Summit!
Links and Resources:
For Resources & Tools from Sponsors – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Subscribe & Share Podcasts! – https://www.profitbydesignpodcast.com/podcasts/
Ready to put the systems in place for your business to be a highly profitable, Great Place to Work that can run without you?
Apply for Tap the Potential’s Small Group Coaching Program:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProfitByDesign/
Business Systems Summit
September 24th – 26th, 2019
FREE to attend!
Listen Live & Take Notes!
Quality, Up-to-Date Content!
Premium PassOption: Lifetime Recordings & Documentation!
For More Information: https://www.TapThePotential.com/Systems
How to Hire the Best by Sabrina Starling, Ph.D., PCC, BCC
The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow
Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less by Sam Carpenter
Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t by Verne Harnish
Authority Content: The Simple System for Building Your Brand, Sales, and Credibility by David Jenyns
Beyond the E-Myth: The Evolution of an Enterprise: From a Company of One to a Company of 1,000! by Michael E. Gerber
Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz