Roger Dooley is an author and international keynote speaker. His books include Friction: The Untapped Force That Can Be Your Most Powerful Advantage, and Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing. He writes the popular blog Neuromarketing, as well as a column at Forbes.com. He is the founder of Dooley Direct, a consultancy, and co-founded College Confidential, the leading college-bound website. He has been a serial entrepreneur since he left a senior strategy position at a Fortune 1000 company to enter the then nascent computer market. Tune in today, to find out what Roger has to share about making things easier for your clients or customers.
- Roger saw that eliminating friction was one of the easiest ways to change people's behavior.
- Roger discovered that friction really influenced every aspect of human behavior. And that people's performance in organizations was also driven by friction.
- Dr. Sabrina talks about a challenge that so many entrepreneurs tend to face.
- Roger explains about some of the hidden elements of friction in the online space.
- Companies are often oblivious to the horrible user experience that people have using their websites.
- Behavioral science has been a big thing in Silicon Valley for about ten years, so, there, they understand the impact of friction on the customer experience. It's not necessarily like that for the rest of the world, however.
- Roger talks about his concept of the tired brain.
- Google's credit card auto-fill function has really made things so much easier for people to purchase things.
- The amount of money that is wasted in abandoned in e-commerce sales carts.
- The way that human behavior has morphed and changed, due to technology.
- Learning to comply with customer preferences.
- Roger talks about the success that people have had with BJ Fogg's behavior model.
- Ways that you can use friction to change your behavior in a positive way.
- Ways that you, as entrepreneurs, can reduce friction with your team members and clients or customers.
- Being aware of where you might be creating friction and observing what customers have to do, to do business with you.
- Businesses need to anticipate the needs of their first-time users.
- Looking at what your team members and customers have to cope with.
- Making things easier and eliminating friction points.
- The value in making yourself vulnerable.
- The impact that removing friction has on loyalty.
- Roger talks about his podcast, The Brainfluence Podcast.
Profit by Design Facebook group
www.howtohirethebest.com is Dr. Sabrina’s free masterclass
Would you like to join a community of entrepreneurs setting our businesses up to support our lives and not the other way around? Check our Breakthroughs on The Bayou 4 Week Vacation™ Legacy Retreat at www.4WeekVacation.com
If you're interested in being a part of the retreat, all the information is available at www.4weekvacation.com. Apply soon, as space is limited, and you may qualify for Super Early Bird Savings that is not listed on the website!
Get Dr. Sabrina's free 4 Week Vacation™ Jump Start Guide: www.4weekvacation.com
Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
Books by Art Markman
Roger's website: www.rogerdooley.com
Roger on Twitter: @rogerdooley
Roger's podcast, The Brainfluence Podcast, can be found at www.rogerdooley.com