Danielle Hayden has a master's degree in accounting and financial management and she's a licensed CPA in the state of Ohio. Danielle found, at the beginning of her career, that as well as crunching numbers, she also had a passion for helping creative entrepreneurs understand their finances so that they can grow their businesses. In her free time, Danielle enjoys the outdoors with her kids and checking out local wineries and breweries.
Lindsay Darby graduated from Cleveland State University with an accounting degree. While completing hundreds of audits she discovered that she most enjoyed working with the owners and management teams to develop financial and reporting plans, enabling them to achieve both their short and long-term goals. When Lindsay is not working, she enjoys traveling and checking out museums from around the country.
- What made Danielle and Lindsay decide to go into business together.
- What it's been like for Danielle and Lindsay to navigate their business partnership together, for the last five years.
- Many business owners get paralyzed by planning.
- Business partnerships seem to either go well or they can go sideways quickly.
- Learning to know what you're good at and staying in your lane is a key to a successful business partnership.
- Good processes are important for a successful business partnership.
- Danielle and Lindsay discuss the core values that each of them possesses separately, that assists their partnership as a whole.
- The values that Danielle and Lindsay share.
- How they reassure entrepreneurs.
- How our childhood creates a mindset around money.
- Practicing preventative bookkeeping and accounting can help business owners change their mindset around money.
- You have to understand how your business is doing throughout the year, or at a minimum on a quarterly basis.
- The key to being successful is in taking small steps forward.
- Danielle and Lindsay establish a long-term relationship with their clients, to be there with them as they grow their businesses.
- What Danielle and Lindsay have learned about themselves as entrepreneurs as they take their clients through their processes.
- Developing an appreciation for what their clients are experiencing, as they go through the process.
- Danielle and Lindsay talk about the financial goal-setting worksheet that they share with their clients as a tool.
- Small business owners need to know how much it costs for them to stay afloat every month.
- The importance of reviewing your goals regularly.
- Putting the human touch into accounting.
- Building trust through consistency.
- What makes a client get fired.
- What makes a business owner show up as a great client for a bookkeeper or accountant.
Profit by Design Facebook group
www.howtohirethebest.com is Dr. Sabrina’s free masterclass
Access Danielle and Lindsay’s Goal Setting Worksheet at www.kickstartaccountinginc.com
To get in touch with Danielle and Lindsay go to www.kickstartaccountinginc.com
They are also on all social media platforms:
Instagram – @kickstartaccounting
Twitter – @kickstartacct
Facebook – @kickstartaccountinginc
Would you like to join a community of entrepreneurs setting our businesses up to support our lives and not the other way around? Check our Breakthroughs on The Bayou 4 Week Vacation™ Legacy Retreat at www.4WeekVacation.com
If you're interested in being a part of the retreat, all the information is available at www.4weekvacation.com. Apply soon, as space is limited, and you may qualify for Super Early Bird Savings that is not listed on the website!
Get Dr. Sabrina's free 4 Week Vacation™ Jump Start Guide: www.4weekvacation.com