We tackle some really juicy topics with Nathan today, about getting out of comfort zones, creating successful partnerships, and investing in ourselves through coaching. We also discuss trying to implement things that we've read on our own, versus getting help and bringing in an expert or a coach to help with our business.
Nathan is a Physical Therapist and he and his partner, Will Humphreys, co-founded Rise Rehabilitation Specialists in Arizona in 2002. They merged and sold Rise Rehabilitation Specialists in 2018 to form Empower Physical Therapy, which now has 20 plus PT clinics across 3 states. Nathan co-founded Rise Diagnostics in Alaska in 2014 and he is currently CEO. In conjunction with his extensive training and experience in orthopedic physical therapy, Nathan is an APTA Board-Certified specialist in Clinical Electromyography (EMG/NCS) and is proficient in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Diagnostic Testing (MSKUS). He is one of only a few physical therapists across the nation who perform these diagnostic services.
- Nathan shares his story about building a business, selling it, moving to Alaska, and starting a new business there.
- What Nathan did in order to start pulling himself out of his business.
- The indicators that showed Nathan that he needed to pull out.
- He saw that staying in his comfort zone would ultimately not serve either him or his family.
- Working on his vision and mission, and building a team.
- Nathan brought on a truly visionary partner.
- What got Nathan to Alaska.
- The difficulties Nathan experienced around making new choices in his life.
- Nathan offers some sterling advice around creating successful partnerships.
- The importance of a potential partner having values that are in alignment with your own.
- Some of the best business practices that Nathan teaches on his podcast.
- Nathan shares some tips and strategies for growing a really profitable business.
- There's a significant return on investment when it comes to investing in yourself through education, coaches, and consultants.
- Dr. Sabrina shares an experience from when she was first starting out in her business, where she invested a third of her business revenue into coaching and her business revenue doubled the next year and continued to grow.
- Nathan and his business partner also paid for some of their executives to get coaching and consulting as well.
- It pays off in multiple ways to train your team up very well.
- Making the mistake of thinking you can implement the ideas that you have read in a book into your business by yourself.
- Why it's so hard, as a business owner, to make applicable the things you have learned from books without the help of a coach.
- Nathan talks about the kind of books he likes to read.
- You're never done with growing a business.
- How moving to Alaska has helped Nathan to grow.
- The importance of family in Nathan's life- he has six sons and a daughter!
- Nathan is looking forward to his next big venture.
- Looking at the things that energize us.
- Dr. Sabrina recognizes the importance of having the time to really be there for your family.
- Nathan would have encouraged a younger version of himself to overcome fear by getting coaching, training, or consulting, and networking more.
Profit by Design Podcast: www.profitbydesignpodcast.com
Profit by Design Facebook group
Apply at www.profitgift.com for a Profit Audit of your business.
Apply at www.profitgift.com to be 1 of the 5 business owners Dr. Sabrina works with in 2019, to triple profit, identify your business Sweet Spot, and put the team and systems in place so you can take a 4 Week Vacation.
Books: E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
Good To Great by Jim Collins
The Four-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Get in touch with Nathan:
Nathan's podcast: www.ptoclub.com
Nathan's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nathan is also on LinkedIn